Job Location Seattle, WA
Salary Range $19.50 Hourly
Job Shift Graveyard
Responsible for keeping all working and storage areas of the distribution center in a clean and orderly condition, at the direction of the Supervisor and/or Site Management.
(Other job duties may be assigned)
- Deep cleans, sweeps and/or mops assigned areas, including aisles, compactors, dock areas and levelers, floor racks, etc.
- Dusts posts, barriers, and fire exit stations
- Cardboard breakdown
- Trash removal
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment – continuously lifting and moving up to 75lbs
- The ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- The ability to work overtime, including weekends and holidays, without advanced notice
- Reliable transportation to and from work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task. Ability to effectively organize own schedule to ensure timely completion of all projects within the scheduled time-frames.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication – Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Ability to interact with customers and drivers in a professional and effective manner to produce required sales goals established for region.
- Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with others. Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with client, co-workers, and managers of the Company.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect individual and others’ safety. Ability to safely perform all required physical job duties wearing personal protective equipment, including but not limited to slip resistant shoes, gloves, and goggles.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1 year previous warehouse experience
- Prior experience operating equipment, including but not limited to tuggers, tenant sweepers and scrubbers, pallet jacks, forklifts, balers, and compactor preferred, but not required
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 – 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions, including hot and cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.