Job Location Lebec, CA
Salary Range $16 – $18 Hourly
Job Shift Any
Responsible for unloading freight from the various trucking companies with or without manual or powered equipment at assigned location at the direction of the Supervisor and Site Manager.
(Other job duties may be assigned)
Associate handles the unloading and breaking down of freight at an adequate pace
Associate might be trained to operate forklift/electric pallet jack
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch orcrawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and move fifty to seventy-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Warehouse experience a plus.
Experience operating a forklift / Electric Pallet Jack preferred.
- Ability to move up 50-75 pounds continuously
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Warehouse Experience a plus.
- Experience operating a forklift / Electric Pallet Jack Preferred.
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment – continuously lifting and moving up to 75lbs
- The ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- The ability to work overtime, including weekends and holidays, without advanced notice
- Reliable transportation to and from work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Communication – Ability to read, write and understand English.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
Prior experience operating a forklift and pallet jack a plus, but not required. Will train and certify associates holding positions requiring the use of such equipment.